Saturday, July 20, 2013

Book Review: "Stand Out! Branding Strategies for Business Professionals" by Simon Vetter


"A personal brand is the Essence of YOU, as recognized by others." 
Simon Vetter

I found “Stand Out” by Simon Vetter to be an exceptionally helpful book.  In fact, I found it so useful that I bought it for other members of my team at CDR Assessment Group.  I highly recommend that professionals, consultants, and business owners who struggle with personal branding read this book.  The personal stories, experiences and suggestions from consultants and entrepreneurs such as Marshall Goldsmith, Beverly Kaye, and Jim Kouzes were relevant and practical.  The “Simon Says” tips were also spot on for me.  Branding is something that has been elusive and somewhat uncomfortable for me over the years and Stand Out helped me change my perspective, comfort level, and understanding.
 "We have a choice:  we can either leave the brand-building process to chance, hoping that people will understand the message we express, or we can take charge and consciously craft the message we want to send. Either we choose to develop our own brand, or our brand is developed for us." Stand Out (pg. 33)

I have known Simon Vetter professionally as an executive coach and leadership development expert for over eight years and I am just sorry I did not read Stand Out sooner.  Frankly, I expected it to be quite good, but I did not expect what I got out of it.  This book shifted my mindset, paradigm and my understanding of what personal/professional branding really is.  Since reading Stand Out I have made tremendous progress on professional branding without feeling uneasy.  I would guess that a good number of business owners and consultants lack natural “branding” skills as was my case.   If you are one who finds this essential aspect of your business tough or nebulous, I strongly encourage you to read Stand Out without delay.    

Review Written by:  Nancy Parsons, President, CDR Assessment Group, Inc.


To order and learn more about Simon's services go to:
www.simonvetter.com



No comments:

Post a Comment