Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WLC Mentoring & Networking Session in Tulsa

Late yesterday, I attended the WLC Mentoring & Networking Session in Tulsa. It was an exceptionally well done program. Kudos to the organizers, speakers, and facilitators. There were table discussion based on on the World Cafe Journey Map -- Self Discovery Process focusing on "what am I passionate about?"

The forum provided for great dialogue with dynamic, interesting women. Also, I enjoyed the speed networking. It had structure so that the responsibility of "initiating" a discussion was not required. Normally, even though I am an extrovert, I am not comfortable in those networking situations where you have to go up and introduce yourself to strangers.

It is also kind of ironic since most of my time is spent focusing on coaching and developing others that it has been a long time since I've been the participant in this type of session. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I think I was probably past due!
To learn more about the Tulsa United Way's WLC go to: http://www.tauw.org/tauw/Womens_Leadership_Council.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment